Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Urgency vs Calm

I read a post this morning about urgency vs calm. Slowing down the busy and stop glorifying the art of it. I say yes way to often...often times overwhelming our family schedule and complicating life when I don't have to. I want more afternoons like this one...One where we hit the market after work and strolled through the toy aisles twice and took pictures of toys to send to Santa and we did not have to rush anywhere. We just enjoyed each other and our time. These are my favorite afternoons/evenings and lately they are fewer and far between. I love spending time with her. I love not hearing myself say, "Come on baby, we have to go do this or that." I want more of this. More. More. More! This is what I want from Santa this year: Time to do absolutely nothing. I don't think that's too much to ask.

0 comments: