Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Big Girl Room

Well, we finally did it. We finally kicked her out of our family bed. It was hard. So very hard. You might automatically assume it was hard for her and she cried and got up a thousand times during the night and so forth and so on. Nope. She took to it like a duck in water...I, on the otherhand had a very hard time letting her go. First of all, I watch entirely to much Dateline. I was completely convinced someone would come through the window and kidnap her. Even though, we have an alarm system and a 70 lb dog. She always goes to bed by herself (bedtime is 8:00) so that wasn't an issue. She didnt' really want anyone to lay with her. I, however laid down and slept with her every night for the first week. She could have cared less. I gradually over time started going in for a little snuggle then would wake up and go to mine and Jonathon's room. Then eventually, I gave it up and she is a complete loner now. I am SO GLAD! We all sleep so much better. This kid takes up the entire bed for starters and she has to be more comfortable with so much more room. It has been a little over a month and she acts like she has been doing it forever. She is so brave and I am so very proud of her. I would like to think she inately senses that she is safe and knows we're here so it doesn't matter, but who knows? Whatever the case may be, I am proud of her. Very. Here is a picture of her big girl bed. The picture really doesn't do her room justice. It is seriously cute and she really loves it. Her favorite part are her corkboards where we can hang her artwork. In this pic we had just hung them...now they are full of her beautiful creations. She is a beautiful creation all her own.

0 comments: