Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mothers Day




My Mom. Being a Mom. Watching my friends become mothers. Its just about enough to bring tears to my weepy eyes...bc let's face it,I am a bit of a sap. I never imagined what being a Mom would be like or feel like for that matter. I didn't understand or grasp that it indeed would be the greatest accomplishment and undertaking in my life. The most rewarding, terrifying wonderful experience. I cannot believe it was four years ago today I told Jonathon we were going to have a baby! A baby! Now she is a little lady. My little lady. And I can only hope she is growing into the awesome person I know she will be.

I have had the pleasure of having wonderful women in my life. My Mom and two wonderful Granny's. My Granny Jean passed away bf all this digital technology and I don't even have an electronic picture of her to share here but she is in my heart. She never said a cross word about anyone EVER and I believe she was the true epitome of what a lady should be. My Granny Ruby...Oh what to say. She was pure LOVE. Love in the morning, love in the afternoon and love at night. She would rock me in a rocking chair to this day if she were still here. I have a picture of her rocking me the Christmas before she died. I owe a lot to these ladies and I wish there were phones in heaven and I could call them up and tell them Thank you and Happy Mothers Day. I know my Mom and Dad are missing them each today respectfully.

Then, my own Mama. I LOVE MY MAMA. She is fun and wonderful and wise and my rock. I don't know what I would do if I could not pick up the phone and call her at least three times a day. She probably wishes I would knock it off...LOL. Watching her become a Mimi has been an amazing experience. Imagining that this must have been the way we were when I was little and being so glad I have a Mom that is invested and loves me so much. She is hard on me, always has been, and even now I still get huffy and puffy on her at occasion but GAWD I am thankful for her. I am who I am because of it and am where I am bc she refused to do it all for me. Thank you Mom for making me be independent. Thank you for loving to shop with me and eat Mexican with me and watch Days of Our Lives with me too. The little things that we do together are the most precious to me. Also of note, the fact that you let me "borrow" all your stuff and know I will never give it back and you never complain :-) I miss you and I love you and I hope you have a wonderful Mothers Day! XOXO!!!! See you soon.

And the quote freak that I am....here are some of my favorites about Moms! Happy Mothers Day friends! Enjoy every second of it!

A little girl, asked where her home was, replied, "where mother is." ~Keith L. Brooks

Mom, you know you're more than welcome to come over to my place for dinner,
but there's one little problem......all the food I have needs to be cooked. --Anonymous

As is the mother, so is her daughter. -Ezekiel 16:4

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother."
-- Albert Einstein

"The hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world."
-- William Ross Wallace

0 comments: