Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Mimi/Gigi/Me




We spent almost 2 and 1/2 weeks all told with Mom and Chris over the holidays. There was her birthday,Christmas and then of course our wonderful vacation. I wish there was a magical way that G could understand why she can't see them more. She asks me a lot, "Can Mimi come to dinner tonight? Or will Papi be where ever we are going? Its sweet and I explain to her they are too far away. Last night she said, "Like Aunt Natalie?" Then I was tasked with explaining that Aunt Nat was only 2.5 hours away while Mimi was 3 almost 4 times as far...I don't think a three year old gets that. She walked away and then came back and said "Like Papaw?" Well....no baby he is as far away as Aunt Nat. Whew. She finally relented that the best way to get there was by airplane and she was ready to go. Whew. She does like to point out a lot that Papi should move Mimi back to Arkansas...so Papi if you' re ready this...you have strict orders. LOL. And just for the record, I was not the one who taught her to say that. OVER. AND. OVER. AGAIN. ;-)

0 comments: