Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day

I suppose it's easy to forget what today is all about when there is so much fun to be had, sun to soak up, grilling to be done, and kiddos to chase around. But... today I am thankful for the thousands who have given their lives so that my family can be free and continue to live in this wonderful DEMOCRATIC nation that we call home. In December of 2007, the year Georgia was born, 899 American troops died, making 2007 the deadliest for the U.S. military since the 2003 invasion. My child hasn't lived ONE second that her country wasn't at war. I hope one day she will. We have been "at war" for almost a decade and most of us do not even feel the impact of it but it is always there. I wish I could personally say thank you to every soldier out there fighting for us and our children here at home. I hope they all had a wonderful day where ever they are.
My American girl took to the pool like a fish (or mermaid) and swam ALL day. She loved it. She went from one end of the pool to the other and was absolutely fearless. I was so proud of her. I feel certain she will sleep REALLY well tonight. Happy Memorial Day everyone! Hope yours was blessed. XOXO-Amanda











0 comments: