Friday, January 1, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR






















Mark Twain once said, "Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual." Right on, Mark Twain. Right on. :-) I never really put much stock in New Years resolutions. I mean, we make them and we break them and what fun is that? It seems like a big fat waste of time, but I know that there are eons of you out there right now making a pledge to eat healthier, work out, quit smoking, quit swearing...or stop doing something that you probably actually enjoy. Well, I would like to say to all of you, good luck with that. I hope you are successful in all of your endeavors! Ha! Wow, I sound like such a pessimist and I'm really not!
On a more positive note, 2010 is here and all I can really say is where in the heck did 2009 go? I don't remember wishing it away so quickly. This was a wonderful year for our family and I am genuinely sad to see it go. :-( Georgia started walking this year, she got a pony tail, she learned how to talk...really really talk, she got moved into a big girl car seat, Jonathon graduated, I got a new car, I turned 30, we snuck away to Mexico, we cleaned out the extra room and made a playroom (a work still in progress), the list goes on and on. On another note, heres hoping 2010 will bring us less of Kate and that homewrecking husband of hers in the news as I have had it with Jon and Kate plus 8! All joking aside, we have had a truly exceptional year. Jonathon and I have been blessed and it does seem that every year gets better and better the older we get. I never dreamed being 30 would be cool. :-). I hope everyone out there had a wonderful 2009 and has an even better 2010! I am going to make a New Years resolution just for fun and to get in on the action since I gave you guys a hard time...Happy New Year Everyone! May God bless you in the months to come.

New Year's Resolution: To tolerate fools more gladly, provided this does not encourage them to take up more of my time.
XOXO

0 comments: