Sunday, December 27, 2009

Bah Humbug








My dad is the biggest Scrooge EV-AH! He acts all BAH HUMBUG but I know underneath that "rough and tough" exterior is a big old softie who loves all things christmas-y. I mean how could I "the one who loves Christmas more than anything" be his child? IMPOSSIBLE I say. But of course, being the good daughter that I am, I pretend to believe him that he doesnt like the holidays and he indulges me in the facade. AHHHHH the joys of family. Any who, I digress. We enjoyed seeing him and Georgia loved helping her Papaw open his presents. However, when he opened his new lariat rope she just couldn't believe that was all that was in the box and kept looking to see where the "real" present was. She looked at me as if to say, "A rope? Are you freaking kidding me?" Ever the optimist, my beautiful girl :-). Dad gave her a mailbox so she can mail him letters and she absolutely LOVES it. I'm glad she likes her Papaw so much and I swear the way she says it could make your heart melt into a million pieces. Even old Scrooge himself would swoon. Merry Christmas Y'all...even though its over :-)

0 comments: