Monday, June 29, 2009

18 Month Wellness Check


Georgey Poo had her 18 month check up last Thursday and here she is in her picture strutting her stuff in the doctors office! Here are some things we learned at our visit. She weighed in at an official 20 lbs 15 ounces! My big girl has moved into the 7th percentile for her weight up from the 5th! YAY Georgia! She is 30 inches long which puts her in the 10 percentile up from the 5th and she has doubled her height since birth. I PRAY for her that she will be tall like her daddy and not short like me so she NEVER has to have her pants hemmed. Her head is 18 3/8 in circumference and I cant remember what percentile this is but I think like the 40th maybe...so, she has a big head! She is still following her own growth curve and doing well. They wanted to make sure she was trying to climb (and boy oh boy is she!), if she could say two word phrases, and if she was only drinking from a sippy cup. All of these we could say yes to, except the dreaded, does she sleep in her own bed question? NOPE. NADA. NO DICE. She still sleeps in our family bed, right along with baby Zane. I, of course being the good mother that I am, didnt bat an eye,looked that sweet nurse practioner right in the eyes and lied. Oh well. You gotta do what you gotta do. Mom was with me and I could feel her glaring at me. HA! I am so proud she is growing so great! I am blessed with a happy healthy baby and I will never take that for granted. XOXO

2 comments:

Ethan and Addison said...

You crack me up. I have tried very move myself with the Ped's and my LOVELY husband busted me out. I tried stumbling on my words to correct the lie I told and I dug a deeper hole. At least your Mom sat there quietly.

Melissa said...

You are hilarious!

And Georgia is cuter than ever! Yay for growing up and being healthy!