Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day


Washington Irving said, "A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials,heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts."

Wow. Two years ago, on this day I found out I was pregnant. At that moment, I thought it was the biggest moment of my entire life. And then, she came into this world and I thought that was the biggest moment of my life. And then, she smiled, and then she laughed, and then, she said mama, and then, she gave me a kiss, and then.....well, you get the picture. Every single second since she has been a part of my life has been the biggest moment. My whole world has changed and it is because I am mother. Lucky Lucky ME. I dont have much to say today because I don't want to waste my special day away on the computer, I want to go soak up some big moments with my little pickle, but I do want to say Happy Mothers Day to all of you. Oh and I also want to mention Baby Zane, because technically I am a mother of two! He was my first love and gave me a taste of what it was like to love something unconditionally that was utterly and completely dependent on you. Sweet Boy. And last but not least Happy Mothers Day to my own beautiful Mother. I love you, Mom. Thank you for all you do and for being my best friend and the person who restores peace to my heart. You are the best and I miss you soooo much today. I know you are missing Gran today but don't be sad, because she taught you how to be the best mom in the whole world. Georgia and I are sending lots of love and hugs your way. I found this quote and it describes exactly how I feel today and everyday...Love you!

A little girl, asked where her home was, replied, "where mother is." ~Keith L. Brooks

0 comments: