Thursday, January 15, 2009

With All Her Might



My prayers were answered today in more ways than one. Georgia stayed with Betty while I was working and by the time I picked her up, she had made a small rally and actually gotten down and crawled down the hall. Also, she had attempted to do a little dance. That's my girl! Guess what else happened today? My mom came home. God, I needed her. I forget how great it is to just have your mom swoop in and take care of you. SO GREAT...no matter how old you are. She had to come and see Georgia with her own eyes and assess the situation. :-) If Georgia hadn't shown some signs of improvement we were heading to the hospital. So...we picked mom up from the airport, and Georgia was still so sad and pitiful, but then we ordered pizza...the be all end all I suppose...she perked up and ate a whole piece! Now, this is the first time she has eaten anything but baby food since Saturday. And she gave baby food up weeks ago! Then she drank a whole sippy cup of water, then she wanted to play. She played and played until she wore herself out! She is trying with all her might to have a good time and show us she is feels better. She does have a little fever but its 100.5 and that is a VAST improvement from where we have been. Her chest is still retracting and she is still taking huge gasps of air in. The good thing is that she is not breathing as fast as she was so her respiratory rate is dropping finally. This gives me great comfort. Her attitude is so awesome and I am so proud of my little lady. She smiled so big at me and she even laughed out loud. It was literally music to my ears. Jonathon had to come home from work just to see her moving around with his own eyes. He didn't believe me! It is nice having mom here tonight, I will sleep for the first time in days and I am SO sleepy. Thanks be to God for all the work he has done for her little body and all that he will continue to do until she is restored to her former self. I truly believe we may have turned a corner tonight. Thanks to all of you guys who have called me or texted or emailed or left me comments, I appreciate it and I love you. Mom- Thanks for flying in to take care of me. We all know who you are really here for though. You're not fooling me. ;-) Keep those prayers coming, guys. We still need them.

4 comments:

Hardage Family said...

Thank the Lord! I am so glad she's doing better! Hopefully everyday will be an improvement...bless her sweet heart, she looks like she is not feeling good at all!

Courtney said...

Awww, she looks so pitiful. I am so glad she is getting better! I hope you get some much needed rest too! Let me know if you need anything! Love ya

The Grant Family said...

I'm so glad she is making improvements! I really wish I lived closer to you guys. We could all help each other out in times like this! Love you!

Anonymous said...

A load of cum under her tongue would make her feel better