Sunday, January 25, 2009

Are you serious, Clark?



Well, there seems to be a recurring theme here on our blog and in our house. Sickness. I am worn out. I am whiny and I am sleep deprived. Georgia finally was feeling better and then BAM! baby Zane is sick. Since Friday he has been on three different types of medicines that guess who has to administer? Yep, that would be me. I should have been a pharmacist. He has kept us up the last two night shaking his head bc both of his ears are infected. Now this, mind you, comes on the heels of not sleeping for two whole weeks when pickle bottom was sick. Oh but wait...it gets better...Georgia after being put down for bed last night decided it would be fun to projectile vomit all over everything. This fun trick was directly preceded by playing and laughing for approximately forty five minutes. This, of course was to both mine and Jonathon's relief as we just thought she probably drank her milk to fast. NOPE. WE WERE WRONG. DEAD WRONG. She threw up every half over for the next three hours and then finally slept until midnight until she woke up and we did it all over again for the next two and half. I felt so sorry for her. I just can not seem to "nurse" her back to health. I just want to see her see her healthy so badly I could scream! She puked in her papazon (sp?) chair, on her boppy, in her pack and play, in the bed and all over Jonathon and I on separate occasions. Good Times. I can't help but wonder, where did we go wrong? Good grief, hasn't this poor baby been through enough? She finally slept from about 5:00 to 8:30 this morning. She ate a little and drank a little water and after all my prayers that she wouldn't have diarrhea to go along with her stomach bug, I thought we were in the clear. I was wrong again. She did get diarrhea and she got it all over her high chair, all over her legs and all over her mama. I have never been so close to throwing up without actually following through before in my life. She hasn't let go of any bodily fluids since then, from either end, so hopefully this time we really might be in the clear. She has slept all day either in her bed or in my arms. She is so strong and tries so hard to smile and feel good. My little trooper. I finally have the last load of infected "stuff" in the washer and have lysoled the entire house. Here's hoping she feels better soon and that her mama doesn't go off the deep end before then.

2 comments:

Ethan and Addison said...

OMG, is there anything left her little body hasn't been through in the past couple of weeks? I will continue to pray for Georgia's little body to heal and for you to maintain the energy you need to care for her (and Zane)!

Courtney said...

I'm so sorry you are going through all of that! It is nothing that you have done that is causing it! I hope all of you get that much needed rest and start feeling better. I wish i could do something to help! love you!