Thursday, December 25, 2008

The Reason For The Season






Mom and Chris left this morning and we were sad to see them go. We have enjoyed having them here this week to celebrate with us. When we woke up this morning, Jonathon and I exchanged stockings while the little one slept in the bed. I have been so excited for Marley and Me (my favorite book) to come out at the movies that's all I've talked about for weeks. That being said, guess what was in my stocking?! I had tickets to the movie tonight!! I am so excited!!! We have been blessed this Christmas and I am so sad to see it come and go. Dad came up today to round out a perfect holiday and we grilled steaks and I cooked my "first" Christmas dinner...even if it was out of box. We had mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, corn on the cob, yeast rolls, and who can live without ranch style beans?! Next year I am going to attempt my own dressing. Maybe. Tomorrow we will go to Betty and Ed's for Christmas and finish up our holiday festivities.:-( In all the hub bub of being so busy Georgia never got her very own stocking. GASP. I know, I am a horrible mother. Jonathon and I looked at a million different ones but we could never agree or settle on one that we loved. Dad unbeknowest to him, settled our problem today. Ever since I was old enough to talk I wanted my dad's stocking. It is the same one he has had since he was a baby. It is soooo cool and has Frosty on it. It is literally fifty years old. He gave it to Georgia for Christmas. Now, naturally I was a little jealous since I have been asking for it for 20+ years...but I guess its OK since she doesn't have one. :-) I was so proud and I knew how big of a deal it was to give it to her. Now, the little stinker has a stocking. One her mommy will always covet! On another note, I am so looking forward to having the next week off. I am going to just veg out with the pickle and get some much needed rest and relaxation. :-) I know its easy to forget in all the hustle and bustle the true reason for the season. But I hope each of you take time today to celebrate Jesus and the true meaning of Christmas. Have a wonderful night! I know I will. XOXO

0 comments: