Friday, December 19, 2008

A Place of Grace



I read a mission statement for a family in my prayer book this morning. It was so wonderful it lifted me right out of my funk and all the things I have to do today. I wanted to share it with you. We live in a world where all our companies have a mission and purpose. Why shouldn't we in our homes? I would like this to be our families mission statement. I hope whomever it actually belongs to doesn't mind. :-)

Welcome to this place of grace.
We, the people who live here, love one another and love Jesus.
Our home is a haven, a refuge of acceptance and forgiveness and love.
We believe we are divinely appointed to be a family.
We Will walk together through every valley.
We will rejoice together from every mountain.
We will pursue godliness.
We will look for each others giftedness,
and encourage one another toward significance.
We will pray.
We will worship Him.
We will seek God in all things first.
We believe it is better to laugh and cry together,
than to accomplish great feats alone.
We are stronger because we are family.
To God be the glory for the great things He has done.
Hallelujah.

They refreshed my spirit. - 1 Corinthians 16:18

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I love LOVE love that picture!

Hardage Family said...

Great pic...Happy first birthday Georgia Grace! I'm glad you made it back ok!!!!

cheryl said...

Happy birthday GG ,
I know you will have a great day
love you granny and paw gortney