Friday, December 26, 2008

Marley, Me, and Baby Zane






Georgey Poo went to her Nana's on Christmas night and Jonathon and I went to see Marley and Me. It was such a great movie. I bawled my eyes out and so did Jonathon. (Sorry baby, I am selling you out!) Any movie that makes you cry that hard is a winner, even if you do leave feeling suicidal. My top three cry movies are Hope Floats, The Bridges of Madison of County, and of course Beaches still gets me every time. I am going to have to bump The Bridges of Madison County and move Marley and Me into my number two spot. If you have ever loved a dog..EVER..you have to see this movie. I came home afterwards and just loved up on Zane. He is unequivocally the best dog in the world. I was seriously worried when I was pregnant that I wouldn't love the baby as much as I do Zane. Everyone said, "Oh, you won't pay him as much attention when the baby comes." I just smiled politely thinking, "Yeah, right." Well, you know what they were right. Not that I don't love him as much as I ever did, but he was the center of our family before the baby. Then, he was our only baby. Now he has had to take a back seat to Georgia. Poor guy. All she does is torture his sweet soul. She pulls his ears and grabs his tail, and goes after him every chance she gets. It is so sweet and I know that one day very soon he will be glad to have someone to romp around with. For now though, he just wants to get away from her! I am so glad I have such a wonderful dog. One that is gentle and sweet and caring with my daughter and one even better than I could have ever hoped for. He will be four whole years old in April. He was my "first born" and I will never forget that. I hope if you get a chance to see the movie, you like it as much as I did.

0 comments: